Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday USA!

10am class with Britton.

YOGI TIPPING

Walked into the class and it was FULL. More people than spaces. Really. I had my towel and mat and water and stood just inside the door scanning the room. I couldn't see any spaces so I took a step to my left to see on the other side of the door when I my leg touched something cool, then an "oof" sound followed by a soft thud. Just on the other side of the door was a young man suspended, WAS suspended, in a rather complex yoga position. Oopsies, says I, I couldn't see you on the floor there with my mat, towels, etc. Sorry! :) Then, I realized that the only spot available was next to him. Too bad. It's usually a better view when you're directly behind. Not my type but I'm married and not looking for a liasion, just inspiration.

This very out of shape lady with wild hair was talking to the very fit yogi. I heard her say 'rolfing' and immediately said "rolfing?" to her and before I knew it all her attention had shifted to me. I mean, she was standing on my yoga mat! She said she did bodywork on a lot of the instructors. I wanted to verify that. I was polite, of course! But she was a bit overwhelming. I thought I'd like to try her but then I didn't want to give her my phone number. At first I thought that would be convenient, considering my schedule, to have her come to the house. Except when she asked for my address I hesitated. I didn't want her to know where I live. Maybe someone could blindfold her and drive her over? I don't know. It was just happening too fast. Then, as I was leaving, she was talking to Britton who said how amazing she was. Does Britton owe her money? Have a hidden gambling/drug problem mebbe? OMG, I'm so suspicious. Finally, I said "OKAY" and the appointment was set for 4:30 tomorrow IN MY HOUSE!

No comments: