Monday, July 7, 2008

ROLF'D!

No Bikram

I got rolfed! She gave her name as Atarah but when I wrote the check it was to Nadine. During the session, which lasted two hours, I heard the question form in my head, "ask her what her given name is".

It took two whole hours because, as Atarah/Nadine explained, she has to work the areas so that when she gets to the point in question that I don't come screaming off the table. Also, when the muscles relax they need someplace to go, so she needs to soften/move the muscles that have been holding things in place (compensating).

She did what she did in the beginning "cranial" work. It was very "soft" i.e. another way of saying it didn't hurt.

I can't quite remember the name of the muscle all this two hours was working towards, the quadramus lumbar (?).

Anyways, afterwards I could bend and touch my hands flat on the floor and able to pick my right leg and hold the foot with both hands. Could not do that before. So this is most definitely an improvement. In just two hours!

No comments: