Saturday, August 16, 2008

Alright!

4pm class w/Doug

Day 8 of Colon Cleanse.

Felt even better at this class.

Standing postures. Again, muscles fatigued easily. But, not as easily as before. Strange, am I used to not eating now? Holding my arms up in the standing postures became a chore but I did it. Something that never happened before.

Warrior pose. Kinda gave out the very last one. More to do with the cleanse than anything else.

Tree pose. Seemed that the legs went further into the posture, particularly the right leg which is more flexible in this posture.

Floor postures.

Wind removing posture. Now this is an easy and relaxing posture. However, I was stunned to find how much calmer the body was during this pose. So much has been eliminated from the digestive system and this posture is related to those organs, so that would make sense.

Fixed Firm. A pose I did easily in my youth. Some days, I ease right into it. Other days not. Today, my legs were completely flexible and flat on the floor.

Locust Pose. Both legs are going up now. Not great form but it's happening. Not diet related. Just strengthening.

Camel - a little dizziness due to the fast, but I was okay.

Rabbit - My head touched my knees and stayed there as I bent forward into rabbit. That has not happened before.

Overall much better flexibility (diet). Muscle fatigue so that I cannot sustain a hold in the standing postures (diet).

Observations & Conclusion
Two people have asked me what have I done because I look so "bright-eyed".

I felt the body become much much calmer, particularly during the Bikram sessions. However, I would need to eat something, to have a little energy to do the postures.

The literature with the cleanse kit talked about toxicity in the body being related to emotions like anger. I've heard this before too. Basically, because the body's energy is consumed with overcoming the effects of toxicity that it is stressed, resulting in emotions like anger. Well, we know that mental stress can result in angry reactions. While I have theoretically thought this made sense, I now know that it does from this experiment.

While I realize I need to eat something in order to function... I haven't been able to concentrate as well as I normally can when doing work and the muscle fatigue....I'm also amazed at how little I need to eat. I eat way more than I need.

No comments: