Sunday, August 17, 2008

Break Fast

Hoped to get to Bikram but set my priorities to getting prepared for work tomorrow. If I don't make it today, tomorrow is the official start. I'll go to the 6pm or 8pm class.

One thing I've noticed is that since Melissa gave me a hard time about the water and told me to breathe deeply through the postures instead, I haven't needed water like I did before. When she told me that, I found it hard to believe but I tried it and it does work. I do drink a lot before class, however. Somewhere I read that you hydrate about one hour ahead which gives you time to pee. Then I sip before class begins. Then, during class I only need water when they say "party time" and just before fixed firm. Oh and just before savasana at the end of class. So that's the three.

Also, I don't wipe away the sweat with a towel anymore because someone said that the sweat helps you to cool. So now, I wipe my forehead with my hand occasionally just to get the sweat out of my eyes. By the way, as a result of the recent cleanse, the sweat doesn't sting my eyes. Not that it was a bad sting. But I've noticed that it's less salty. Finally, the heat doesn't bother me like it in the beginning where I was swearing to Melissa that I had gotten heat stroke from a class and that's why I needed to pour the ice water on my head and was drinking between every other posture.

Finally, I've noticed since I first began I felt good after class but was totally wiped out and unable to do anything else. Now, however, I feel great but also energized.

I'm preparing brown rice and miso soup with shitake mushrooms and seaweed. I'm half-Japanese so this sounds good to me. Not that I normally have that for breakfast! I'm half redneck too. Eggs, grits, toast, fresh OJ, coffee. mmmmmm.

Glad to be eating again because this means I can return to Bikram five times a week. I know that the schedule will be tight because I will be so busy returning to work. But they do have 8pm classes....

As I was looking in the fridge, I saw the bag of organic apples I bought because the cleanse highly recommends raw organic apple juice. I had thought/hoped that I'd be able to juice them but that didn't happen. Which lends me to conclude that I was right!

I was right to buy the kit!..."Know thyself."

No comments: