Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Fast is Ended

The first couple of days took some discipline as I craved something to eat, I was surprised to find that I had few cravings. I love coffee and didn't want any. I did enjoy drinking some mint tea a couple of times. And a few times I had a vegetable broth with miso. The soup was comforting and satisfying as it was hot and probably because it was vegetable based vs fruit (apple). Maybe the apple juice countered any sweet cravings. I don't know. But I was amazed that I sat through an entire Italian dinner and was content to simply inhale. And last night at the movies, I could smell the popcorn and was fine with my bottle of water knowing that the fast was coming to an end.

As I'm still seeing "results" when I go to the bathroom, it makes me want to continue the cleanse a day or two more but I won't have the energy for work tomorrow. So I will have to eat today. However, it does inspire me to eat more healthily and LESS!

I lost six pounds during this process. The goal, however, was to kick-start a focus on health this year, which is why I've started doing Bikram.

Anyways, the cleanse is done! Yay! I made it! It was successful!

No comments: