Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Woke up this morning and soon after the phone rang. It was my brother calling to wish me happy birthday. Yay. I was talking to him on the phone and mixing the packet for the colon cleanse with apple juice when I happened to look outside and noticed my car covered in balloons and a banner wishing me happy birthday! How sweet! Well, normally I drink the concoction immediately followed by 8 to 12 ounces of water. But because of the surprise outside and my brother on the phone I forgot. When I returned to the kitchen, about 15 min later, I saw that the drink had turned to a beige sludge. I can't drink something that thick. ugh. Luckily, they had sent a few extra packets so I poured it out and started again.

Got my hair cut, colored and highlighted, and it looks great. Then I was surprised with a little birthday celebration by my husband and some of my in-laws. Unfortunately, my husband did NOT tell them that I was on this strict 'sand-juice' diet. So there was a cake that I could not eat. Dinner at an Italian restaurant that I couldn't eat and champagne that I couldn't drink! He should have told them. Amazingly, I didn't really crave anything. Though I did inhale deeply. Tomato sauce, garlic, parmesan. mmmmm... Actually, I felt bad for them that they went to this trouble and I didn't consume. I drank water from the champagne glass. As Cindy said "are you nuts to do a fast on your birthday?!" Yes. I guess so. But there is never a good time. I couldn't do it while I was in Oregon and I can't do it when work starts Monday. I feel great but I am having some trouble concentrating.

Going in to get some work done tomorrow. Plan to go to Bikram. Maybe the 4pm class.

No comments: