Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An Accomplished Yogi and Dedicated Teacher



Britton taught class today. She and the Director are so dedicated to hatha yoga and Bikram's teachings. Upon returning, I've noticed that there are quite a few new teachers who seem very sincere. I'm sure that it is Britton and Melissa's sincerity that have attracted them. I feel very fortunate to be able to go to a place with that level of quality in school.

Bikram's beginning yoga class consists of 26 postures. The one Britton is performing is not one of them. Apparently, there is a an advanced class! But I'm not aware of it, perhaps you only get into it by invitation.

While I have a ways to go before you can even recognize some of my postures as being one of the 26 postures, I was very proud of myself. I did all the postures. Secret technique: pouring cold water on my head so I don't overheat.

No comments: