Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm too hot for me!


Went to the 4pm class Friday (yesterday). Then came home and fell sound asleep.

Today is Saturday and I went to the 4pm class. Mama mia! It was too too hotchachacha.
I was beginning to struggle. I wanted to leave the room. I had to pee. I poured ice cold water from the water bottle on top of my head. I got angry that I had to choose between sticking it out or getting HEAT STROKE again. I didn't leave. I didn't pee. Why the hell does it have to be SO F'IN hot? I don't care. I'll just die. Oh, it's over, I made it. Thank you Jesus, Hallelujah.

I now see the tie between yoga and God. Suffering and redemption. You get it all in 90 minutes.

It's kind of amazing that I'm already getting so much more flexible since I started last week. But there is one posture that I cannot do at all. Yes, I'm talking about the LOCUST. [see photo].

My legs barely lift off the ground. Hey, don't laugh, that one inch in the air is an accomplishment.

I just wonder how long will it be before I can get this big ole buttinsky up in the air? sigh.

No comments: