Friday, May 30, 2008

Kind of a Yoda




Last day of classes at school. Finals next week.

4pm class. Went very well, thank you very much! A new teacher that I haven't seen before. Didn't get her name. Good job though.

After my 'chat' with Melissa, I've been much better with the heat. She has a very calm but firm way about her. She doesn't argue with you either. It's very non-confrontational yet at the same time she's projecting a "Just do it" attitude. Kinda of a Yoda. I quit worrying about the heat... started breathing deeply and fully instead. Felt okay. Was that a Jedi Mind trick?

I really got into the postures today. I have three problem areas:
1. Standing head to knee - I can do it but I can't hold it. Oh, did I mention it hurts like bloody hell? Lock the knee, Lock the knee, Lock the knee. The top of the leg with the LOCKED KNEE hurts like bloody hell.
2. Toe Stand - Getting down to the ground now (a NEW Accomplishment). Right now, I have to balance with both hands on the floor. And I can't get back up. Basically, I have to fall inelegantly on my arse and then stand up. See photo of girl doing toe stand. See how she has her hands in prayer? I haven't a prayer of getting my hands up off the floor.
3. Locust - Who knows when I'll get the buttinsky up more than two inches.

On the brighter side:
My back is bending more and I'm doing well with the heat. I'm kicking ass in the forward bends. Oh, and I'm doing the situps too. Oh baby! My recovery after yoga class seems way better. In general, I don't pass out til 10pm! I think that two days on, one day off is working well. Wax on, Wax off.....

No comments: