Thursday, April 2, 2009

8am Class w/Moo

Only three of us. But the other two are dedicated yogis so it was a focused class. Moo has a soft voice so the class takes on a more meditative quality. Not that I mind being barked at by a would-be drill sargeant, just that I respond better to this style. I still push as hard but I'm better able to focus on what I'm doing rather than pushing my body too hard and getting hurt.

Day six in a row. Feels good. So I've accomplished what I had hoped to during this spring break. Simply to go to a class every day for at least six days in a row to see what the stamina would be like. I'm also pleased to find that my stamina has been fine.

The muscle in the right hip is still tender but I am able to do most of the postures. Just have to be careful with the bending forward poses where the lower back gets pulled/stretched.

I'm back in my fat jeans! Yay! We must celebrate the incremental changes which will eventually lead to the ultimate goals. Of course, once I'm skinny and glowing, that goal will replaced by even worthier ones.

No comments: