Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday 4pm

Don't know the name of the instructor today but she was very good. I felt great in class today. No aches & pains. Think I'm finally finding the balance between pushing and pushing too hard. Despite the fact that it felt like I was taking it "easy", I received a compliment on my camel pose. It does feel like I was bending deeper. I think the bow pose is coming along as well. I also think my change in diet is helping the body because the diet is more alkaline producing.

Still cannot do the third posture in the chair series. Argh! Once I get that, I think I'll be able to do the 2nd posture in the tree pose. I can bend forward and go part of the way, but I can't come back up. Where is the weakness? My legs have always been so strong.

Purchased the e-book from Green Smoothie Girl. Lots of recipes and a 12 month program for going "raw". Actually, she isn't 100% raw but around 60-80% raw. She works and has four children and says that it becomes very time intensive to get make that 20% more to 100%. And that's why she makes smoothies. She throws the greens in a blender with fruit and voila! What she is doing has been better than what I'm doing so I'm integrating her suggestions to get to the 80% mark. After all, you can only be successful if the plan is doable. At the same time, I do plan to go 100% in June to detox and lose weight.

My dear friend had gall bladder surgery and I've been making her the smoothies and delivering them to her while she has been convalescing. I had read in someone's blog that they felt that their recovery was faster because they were drinking green juices. She told me that after she drank the green smoothie that she felt better. Also, that she prior to the green smoothies she didn't go to the bathroom (#2) on a daily basis, but that this helped regulate her. It's not good if you don't do #2 every day. [Advice so eloquently stated]. Stuff "backs up", just like the plumbing in your house, and toxins will enter your bloodstream. So drink green smoothies and get regular and keep everything moving in one direction!

No comments: