Friday, April 3, 2009

8am w/Debora

Tomorrow off.

Day seven in a row. Woo hoo. So I've proved to myself that upping to five days a week is certainly doable. I'm not going to do a 30-day challenge yet because if I only get 27 days .... well you see.. i just wrote "only". So there is a feeling of failure even though I would have made it 90% of the time.

My real challenge is to achieve consistency in the long run. So it's more important to develop the routine now and then still be going strong six months from now. I can get all inspired and go for a while then stop. Like the lion so ferocious on the kill and then sleeps two weeks. Other Leos out there?

In the meantime, it felt like I went deeper into camel. Seems like my backbend is coming along. The standing bow seems to have improved. The standing leg feels solid and now I'm bending forward more and there's more of a curve in the bend.

There is a muscle in my right hip that was pulled a few weeks ago and I can still feel it so I'm taking care not to re-injure it. It basically affects the bending forward/compression postures. Especially standing head to knee and head to knee pose with stretching.

The 90 minutes is going quicker and that feels good although in practice today, I felt a bit weak like I should have eaten a piece of banana before class. Though it does seem incredulous that I need to eat and can't just live off my fat for a week...

No comments: