Monday, April 27, 2009

Qi Revolution 4-days

Attending the 4-day Qi Revolution with Jeff Primack. My friend, Mical, invited me but then couldn't make it but I went anyways. Glad I did. The breathing techniques are getting better each day and lo and behold! They make smoothies! Got the book of recipes. Can't wait til my Blend-tec arrives. Amazingly, it is the blender that Jeff uses. So much for synchronicity.

You can't beat the price for the 4-day workshop. $99. The presenter, Jeff Primack, seems very sincere. The presentation is very organized and straight forward. Most importantly, the focus is not on getting but giving. Seems like a good soul. There are a lot of massage therapists here for their CEUs but they are enjoying the program as well. Tomorrow is the last day.

Jeff pointed out that the it's not drugs that make you well, it's the immune system. To keep the immune system strong, you need phytochemicals that are found in the stems, seeds, pith (cell walls) of plants. So he drinks about 20 oz of smoothies each morning.

I went to my friend's house to prepare the anti-inflammatory recipe from Jeff's smoothie recipe book since both she and her boyfriend just had surgeries within the same month. Hers was an emergency. This smoothie recipe called for the stem of a pineapple, a slice of pineapple, cherries, cilantro (chelation), goji berries, ginger, turmeric, 2cups water, papaya, cucumber, that's about it. She had a Hamilton Beach mixer and while the Blendtec will, apparently, grind fruits/veggies down to the micron level, the Hamilton blended well enough for us to drink it. Since she can't afford the $399 Blend-tec we figured, hey, this is better than not doing it. So there.

It was my first attempt at making a smoothie from his recipe book. The nice thing about the smoothies is that you can experiment. Nayda doesn't like cilantro so I told her to maybe add more pineapple than the recipe calls for to drown out the taste of the cilantro. Interesting point about the cilantro. Jeff recommends everyone to have cilantro daily. He says that it gets rid of metals. People that eat fish are exposed to mercury and that cilantro helps to get it out of the body. In addition, autism and alzheimer' are connected to heavy metals so cilantro will help with alleviating those conditions.

This morning, I was running late. I made my smoothie but I ran out the door without it! argh. Well, my husband was home so it didn't go to waste. His is still in the fridge. Anyhoo, I noticed that I was felt a tad more constipated today. Things didn't go as easily as I've become accustomed to with the smoothies. Seems to be true. Jeff talked about getting a big huge bowel movement his second day trying smoothies which really sold him on them. Plus the fact that he had met a 70 year old man who had no wrinkles that drank the smoothies. I believe it's true about the BM's thanks to my personal experience and my friend's. She told me the first week that I started bringing her smoothies and green juices that she had become VERY regular. She was really happy about that and I am too because that's a good thing. ;)

No comments: