Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Renewed Vows

So I signed up with the new Bikram studio on March 1st with the intention of going at least 4x per week. I'm happy to report that goal was accomplished.

I also decided to change my diet. Right now, I just want to fit back into my FAT jeans.

However...I want to lose the weight while glowing with health.

So, I've spent some time reading raw food blogs and hanging out in the book section at Whole Foods rather than journaling.

So I've decided to begin the transition by drinking wheatgrass and drinking green juices at Whole Foods. Regarding wheatgrass. It smells just like freshly mowed grass. And it tastes like fresh mowed lawn too. As one wheatgrass expert said on his blog... no one likes the taste of wheatgrass and you don't want to hang out with the few that do. So there. I learned a vital lesson about green juices... not only are they high in nutrition... they also kill the taste of the wheatgrass. argh!

After a month of ordering my wheatgrass shots at Whole Foods, I figured that the taste wouldn't kill me so I was prepared to purchase a wheatgrass juicer. Luckily, I found a manual juicer online that only costs $50, including the shipping. It works very well and it's kinda cute. I've saved myself the $399 on an electric version so that's major shopping points right there...

Whole foods conveniently sells bags of wheatgrass which is nice since I'm not at the grow my own phase yet. I learned that my husband is willing to take his green medicine too so I'm really happy that I invested in the little juicer.

In the fourth week of yoga practice, I really began to feel a change. If I could use only one word, I would have to say "calmness". It feels to me that the diet is complementing the yoga practice quite nicely. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there are a lot of yogis eating raw foods.

Now, for April, what am I going to do, as Emeril says, to "kick it up a notch"?

For April I will do Bikram 5x per week. But I need to get organized. So, for that reason, I'm doing a "stay-cation" this spring break week instead of taking an "away" vacation.

That means only one thing..... shopping!

During the "stay-cation" I grind wheatgrass in my new juicer and pour it into the new shot glasses I purchased especially for serving them. These glasses look a little like the communion glasses at church. To deliver the holy green liquid to my Catholic husband. har har. Then I make a green smoothie and pour it into the new travel drink cups and place them into the new little cooler for the car ride. And, of course, with going to the studio every day, I'm not always going to be able to wash/repack the yoga clothes & towels so voila! a couple of new aubergine colored microfiber hot yoga towels. They were so nice it would have been a crime to not get the matching yoga mat....

No comments: