Wednesday, June 3, 2009

4:15 Bikram w/Lynn

Ahhh.... this is more like it. Lynn's speech is more balanced and so it doesn't knock me off my balance. I can get into the postures and focus more on deepening my balance, flexibility, etc. rather than having to withstand a barrage of words and volume. What can I say? I love love love her class.

I will definitely need to arrange another massage with the amazing Lex since I can still feel tightness in the hips. His hands are lot hot pads. He is definitely a healer. And now I can do the sit-ups between postures though there is still some pain.

The change in diet complements the yoga practice. The heat feels good though I seemed to get a little overheated today. It just feels so great to sweat and workout.

I spoke to someone yesterday who told me she tried Bikram for the first time. She felt "incredibly tired" afterwards. I remember that feeling when I first started. Actually, I would go on a Saturday morning and then sleep the rest of the day. No more. I just keep on going nowadays.

Today, in locust, for a fleeting second, my hips came up off the floor. Wow.

However, not the same story for awkward pose. I find it incredulous that someone with thunder thighs has trouble going into the squat position in awkward pose. Seems like that should be a cinch. Who can explain the inexplicable?

No comments: