Thursday, June 18, 2009

9am Bikram w/Lynne

Got there a couple of minutes late. Argh. However, the instructor was 15 minutes late. This worked out very well for me. It gave me the time to stretch and limber up. Perhaps that is the reason that I sweated profusely today. Dripping. Usually my towel is relatively dry.

Lynne is probably my favorite instructor right now. The postures become more of a meditation the way that she presents it. Of course, she has been practicing for nine years so that makes a difference.

Still pain in the hips although I went to massage yesterday with Rex. Last friday, he worked on my hip flexors and this time, he was led to work on other things. Hopefully, I will be able to get a few more massages despite the upcoming schedule.

The room seemed to be hotter than usual and I had to drink water more often than before. Normally, I drink water at the "party time" right after eagle pose. Then again, when we hit the floor. Then just before fixed firm pose, and then again just before the final savasana. Today, I even had to let cold water pour down my neck as I was drinking. A trick someone told me about to further cool off.

Anyways, it was a different experience to be so drippy with sweat that my towel squished when I moved my feet across it. ugh. This probably happened because a few days ago I saw someone in class just dripping all over the place with sweat and thought to myself "I'm so glad I don't do that". Famous last words ... ☺

No comments: