Monday, June 8, 2009

Colonic #2

Number two in a series of four.

After yoga, I went to the wellness center for the second colonic. If you are like my spouse, you might ask "why do a series?".

I look at it like "pressure washing". The more you hold the hose on the area, the cleaner it is going to get. So, a series of colonics will clean deeper.

While the entire process takes about an hour, the actual filling you up with water is about 30 minutes. You get filled up with water and then you release it. The hydrotherapist will massage the stomach area to "loosen" things up. Todoay, it was about 24 minutes into this process before any matter was released. The colonic hydrotherapist mentioned that the "lighter" colored stuff is more recent while "darker" matter is older. So, apparently, we got some deeper stuff. There was a lot more discomfort this time.

However, even as I was driving home, I was feeling cleaner and better.

No comments: