Monday, June 8, 2009

9am Bikram w/Maria

Didn't quite hydrate enough before class and I could feel it. Need to drink at least 16 ounces about an hour before class. That gives you time to go to the restroom before class ☺

Missed class during the weekend because I went out of town. Annual get together with friends that I grew up with. It's the best R & R, the best therapy. To be yourself, to share your deepest and to laugh your hardest. Yoga is about union and so is true friendship. Wishing everyone that kind of connection.

Class with Maria today. Even though this is my first class with her, I am struck at how you can get the essence of a person when they lead a class. She seems very kind and gentle. Enjoyable class.

Attention. Noticed that today I didn't have the level of focus that I normally bring to class. My attention was elsewhere at times. As a result, my balance was off. It didn't help that there were two people behind me that were flopping all over the place. Normally, I don't think that would have affected me. I felt "scattered" and it was reflected in my workout today.

No comments: