Tuesday, June 16, 2009

9am Bikram w/Celeste

New teacher. Good job.

I learned that it is better when the instructor suggests "try to" instead of insisting "do it". Because the latter comment doesn't take into consideration that, perhaps, you have an injury and cannot do the posture fully. Which, in turn, might result in resistance on the student's part where the student might feel it necessary to explain "I can't because..." This observation comes as a result of working in the classroom, where I class management much easier when I minimize what appears to be a challenge to students. The less they feel the need to defend themselves the more likely they are to cooperate.

Feeling much stronger in the backbends. Went deeper, much deeper in camel. Also, when I do the backbend in the floor series, I am now only on the hip area. Before, I looked like an upside down table.

Still problems with hip flexors, however, I think that the massage tomorrow morning will fix that. Especially since I won't be rowing in a kayak for five hours like I did the last time. ouchie.

No comments: