Sunday, May 31, 2009

Breafast smoothie

3 stalks swiss chard
1 small handful watercress
blueberries (frozen)
goji berries
organic strawberries (frozen)
1 TBS camu powder
1 TBS bee pollen
1/4 c hemp milk (so i can throw out the container)
2-3 c distilled water (cold)

I bought camu powder because it is in some of the recipes. Thought I'd just throw it in the blender this morning. Same thing with the goji berries and bee pollen.

Camu comes as a powder form. Stuck my finger in it and tasted it before I ruined my smoothie. Reminds me of Tang. I grew up in Florida and that was the drink the astronauts drank so we all drank it. According to the literature, camu has lots of vitamin C. Much more that oranges.

It occurred to me this morning while sippin' my smoothie that strawberries & blueberries should be enough nutrition instead of buying all this 'exotic' stuff. At the same time, it's probably a good idea while I'm detoxing and purifying to get this body back in shape.

Traditionally, native medicine practioners and herbalists have recommended camu-camu to:

Strengthen the immune system
Promotes healthy viral blood ecology
Promotes mood balance
Promotes healthy brain function
Supports healthy red and white blood cell formation
Detoxifying the body, especially the liver
Promotes health of upper respiratory organs, including lungs, sinuses, nasal passages
Promoting a healthy heart and circulatory system

No comments: