Sunday, May 3, 2009

Excalibur Dehydrator

Ordered a five tray Excalibur Dehydrator today.

The Blend-tec should arrive sometime this week. I had to return it because it was the wrong color. Had no idea it would take this long. Can't wait for it to get here. I want to see how much smoother my smoothies will be. Today, I tried blending the watermelon with the rind. Not the green outer rind, the white part. Had to add water and then a lot of ice to make it cold. While it was good, I thought it was much better when I juiced it in the Oster Juicer. I'm thinking about returning the Breville Juice Fountain Elite that I just bought to replace it because for $299 it isn't that much of an improvement on the cheap Oster. For one thing, in Martha Stewart's youtube clip, she went on and on about how dry the pulp was. Well, it seemed to be as wet as the pulp that came out of the Oster. Also, things go through so fast because it is so powerful that it isn't much good with leafy greens.

Besides, the item that I'm realizing that I will use primarily is the Blend-tec. In that way, I get the fiber as well as the phytochemicals that are in stems, seeds & rind of the fruits/veggies.

Well, the Blend-tec will get here soon and I'll be able to decide then.

No comments: