Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chocolate "Milkshake"

2cups distilled water (cold)
2 TBSP Organice Cocoa Powder (I use Black & Green's)
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup blanched almonds
4 large pitted medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla, nonalcoholic

I grind the pumpkin seeds and almonds in a nut grinder (formerly known as my coffee grinder ☺). Throw all ingredients in the blender (mine is a Blend-Tec) and add water, ice cubes, to get the consistency I want. You could use 2 TBSP of organic cacao nibs in place of the cocoa powder.

Note: because I have a Blend-Tec, I probably don't need to grind the pumpkin seeds & almonds. This is probably an old habit. However, if you don't have a Blend-Tec, and don't want to spend $399 for one at this time, you can spend $15 on a coffee grinder and grind the nuts and seeds to a powder/butter and then throw everything into your cuisinart (or whatever) blender. ☺

For me, it's the best dessert.

No comments: