Monday, May 25, 2009

Foods-Based Healing

Okay. I took a two day foods-based healing class with Jeff Primack of Supreme Science Qi Gong. As with most seminars, there are things you already know. But it's the things that you would not have done without someone else showing or introducing it to you that makes it worth the cost of attending. I felt that way when Jeff started talking about some of the Chinese supplements like wild reishi and the herbalist that he trusts, Ron Teeguarden, at Dragon Herbs.

I met some lovely people there and enjoyed learning from them all. Also, I reconnected with a yoga teacher that I absolutely love. Edeley of Yogamatrix. She healed herself through yoga after a bus accident (it went over a cliff if I remember correctly) and was able to leave the wheel chair and medications behind. She is dedicated to yoga and healing and just a joy. She's Brazilian, how could she not be?

So it's Monday, and I have the holiday off. What to do? Well, I'm going to begin the weight loss program that I've been preparing for all this time. I intended to start it around June 8th. I'll be off work and it will be after the "Girls' Weekend". But I'm ready now!

Since I have the internal cleansing kit from Blessed Herbs, I'm going to start it now since the diet supports the cleanse.

I'll be, essentially, using the Diabetic protocol that Jeff outlines in his book "Conquering Any Disease". With a few exceptions though... I will use berries in my smoothie. And a smidgeon of honey in the hot water/lemon/cayenne/honey I have first thing in the morning. Oh, and I will be making fresh organic apple juice to drink thee toxin absorber and at the end of this cleanse when I do the liver/gallbladder flush, which is not part of the Internal Cleansing Kit but an entirely separate cleanse.

Right now, I'm typing away while sipping on the hot water/lemon/cayenne/honey mixture. Now that I have the Blend-tec, I peel the skin away and put the lemon with pith and seeds into the Blend-tec with some warm water. The phytochemicals are in the pith and seeds so it's better to include them. Go easy with the pith because it is very bitter. Jeff was reminding us that in Chinese medicine they teach about the different tastes (sweet, sour, bitter, etc.) which is also taught in Ayurvedic. So, one of the tastes that we don't really subscribe to here in the U.S. is "bitter". However, bitter is the medicine, so you need to have bitters.

No comments: