Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Internal Cleanse - Day 3 - Liver, Gallbladder & Parasite Cleanse

I've gone ahead to Step 2, the Liver, Gallbladder & Parasite part of the cleanse. There are some pills and tinctures to take before breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then the toxin absorber with apple juice before bed. Luckily I bought a very high-powered juicer so that making the fresh organic apple juice is pretty quick. After purchasing the juicer that I have, I read a review that made me realize that I could have bought the Jack Lalane juicer for half the price and would have been satisfied with it. In the end, I decided to keep the Breville Juicer Elite. It's solid, fast and easy to clean. There was a youtube video of Martha Stewart juicing. She was swearing that the pulp was so dry that even her chickens wouldn't eat it. Well, she must be getting a good % off that because the pulp is very wet. But it makes sense. The motor is so powerful that the apple just goes flying through it. Sometimes there are whole slices that end up in the bucket. However, here's how I see it... I am NOT going to stand there for 30 minutes juicing and then another 15 minutes to clean just for one glass of juice. I spoke with someone who went to Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center and trained as a raw foods chef. Her and her mom both went. They both were at the same seminar with me to learn more about healthy smoothies because smoothies are quick and convenient while the raw foods lifestyle was too time-consuming. She has the Omega juicer, which I was seriously considering buying, and told me that she doesn't juice because it takes too long. Chopping the veggies/fruits really small to fit in the chute just took too long. So, for me, it's really a matter of "know thyself" and I know that in the long run I won't use a machine if it takes an hour to make a glass of juice.

No comments: