Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Internal Cleanse - Day 2 - Meals

Before breakfast: hot water w/lemon, cayenne, smidgeon of honey
Breakfast: Smoothie of swiss chard & berries with coconut milk base.
Snack: cup of tea w/1/4 tsp honey
Lunch: wild salmon w/orange sauce, wild rice, broccoli
Snack: cherries
Before Dinner: 1 digestive stimulator
Dinner: homemade soup, sprouted grain muffins w/coconut oil,three smoked oysters
Before Bed: Toxin Absorber w/fresh organic apple juice, followed by 1 big glass of water

The hot water with lemon, etc. is to detox the kidneys. I've been doing it for some time. I recently added the cayenne & honey just to give it an extra kick.

I ate the oysters while preparing dinner because I was really hungry and forgot that I had salmon for lunch. So I didn't need it. Salmon, oysters, sardines, etc are a good source of DHA plus EPA.

"DHA is required in high levels in the brain and retina as a physiologically-essential nutrient to provide for optimal neuronal functioning (learning ability, mental development) and visual acuity, in young and old alike. DHA plus EPA are both considered to have beneficial effects in the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease plus associated risk factors as well as other chronic disorders." DHA/EPA Omega-3 Institute

I love the soup. It's the "Fat Flush Soup" by Louise Gittleman. Basically, the fat flush diet is about supporting the liver. The recipe that is linked to her website is a bit different than the one I use which is in the Fat Flush Diet book. I only use turkey, no beef, and I don't use eggplant. However, it's the same basic idea.

The toxin absorber. The toxin absorber. Main ingredient is bentonite clay. Once, while doing the colon cleanse by the same company, I forgot to drink it right away and it turned into a sludge and then I could NOT drink it. That's what it does inside you. It coagulates into this mass that goes through your intestines pulling the mucoid plaque from the intestinal walls along with it and out of you. Fun, eh? If you want to have a really great time, look at the photos of the mucoid plaque. Truly gross. Yes, that 'sand juice' coagulates and takes on the shape of your intestines and then it gets that gnarly look. ack.

No comments: