Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tornadoes in the Midwest

No bikram today.

My right hip is very weak still. Hopefully, it will get enough rest as I plan to return tomorrow!

We are leaving for the Smoky Mountains on Saturday. Just checked online and there are NO Bikram places nearby. Asheville is the closest and that is almost 2 hours away. I will be hiking a lot. Oh, I could just bring my mat and just do regular yoga. duh.

Now that I think about it, here in Florida you could just do yoga outside in hot and humid climate and it would be very similar to doing Bikram. Except you wouldn't get to hear "lock your knee! lock your knee! lock your knee!". har har.

If you think about it, getting people in Florida to do Bikram in is akin to selling ice cubes to Eskimos. Bikram may be a great yogi, but he's also a great salesman. Well, great product! right?! [I know that they prefer to call themselves the Inuit, but Eskimo sounded better in that sentence. Sorry Inuit!]

Went to the movies last night with hubby. I agreed to do "double trouble". That's where you stay and go to another movie. He loves that. I don't know why. Anyways, between movies I had three voice mails. All from my sister. Apparently, they were having a tornado and she couldn't understand why I wasn't picking up since she went through all those hurricanes with me.

Called her back. They were in her in-laws basement. Of course, the tornadoes would come when she and her family are living in an apartment. They are building a new house and the old house just sold. It's certainly interesting what people consider important. Her friend grabbed the wine as she ran down to the basement, her mother-in-law grabbed her jewelry. And my sister.... my sister grabbed the chocolate and cookies. And, of course, the children. [I seriously doubt that the children knew about the chocolates, the cookies may have been brought as a decoy to those ravenous little monsters.]

Though I think that the major catastrophe resulting from a natural disaster is being trapped in an enclosed room with four children.........Click here for pictures in the Journal Star

No comments: