Sunday, June 1, 2008

Whose Ham Sandwich are you talkin' bout?

In the forward bend, many of the instructors will say to bend forward "like a JAPANESE ham sandwich".

Now, I'm half Japanese and I've never seen a Japanese ham sandwich. I mean, mom made me a ham sandwich and but it looked just like the one they served in the school cafeteria. What does one look like and how does it differ from a regular ham sandwich?

Howizit that all these Americanos are so familiar with a Japanese ham sandwich when I am not? Are they all from California?

Is it made with Japanese bread and/or Japanese ham? Do you spread it with wasabi-laced mayo? Or is it called that because it was simply made by a Japanese? If so, how do Japanese prepare sandwiches differently? Could there have been some aggressive little Japanese at the end of the sandwich line that was furiously packing the fluffily assembled lunches and smushing them into the little plastic baggy?

What does this say about Japanese people? That they can't handle a sandwich without flattening it out like a pancake? Why don't the instructors say flat like a pancake? That's something I have a visual on.

Can you go to a sandwich shop and order one?

I mean wuzup with the ham sandwich?

No comments: